And men want to be in vogue too.
Today’s alpha man is stylish, religiously following the fashion rules to stay with times. He works hard even to get that cool casual look.
So, we Status Quo decided to work alongside our debonair male and give his sense of fashion and elegance, an increased boost.
We went ahead a compiled a few quotes from well-known icons in men’s style. Their famous quotes on fashion, their invaluable insights on men’s styles and their reflections on men who follow fashion, is truly worth the trend. Right from Saint Laurent to Orson Welles, read along and see what they have to say on style, fashion, and men.
Here are some pearls...
1. "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent
Whereas fashion is an expression of the seasonal fad, style is an eternal charm which comes easily to men of class.
2. “Real luxury is understanding quality, and having the time to enjoy it.” – G. Bruce Boyer
Luxury and style are associated with premium quality. Men of style will always have their moment of savoring it.
3. “It is both delusional and stupid to think that clothes don’t really matter and we should all wear whatever we want. Most people don’t take clothing seriously enough, but whether we should or not, clothes do talk to us and we make decisions based on people’s appearances.” – G. Bruce Boyer
4. “Style is the perfection of a point of view."– Richard Eberhart
When wearing your style, you express your own distinct statement…
5. “To attain style in dress, you must look perfectly happy and relaxed in your clothes which must appear part of you rather than a wardrobe you have just donned.” – Hardy Amies
There is a certain charm in looking easy in your style.
6. “To be noticed without striving to be noticed, this is what elegance is about.” – Luciano Barbera
To project a confident and a sauve image is what elegance is all
7. “Create your own visual style. Let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others.” - Orson Welles
A style statement is always unique to that person. Any style that one chooses will be true for that person.
8. "You can have anything you want. If you dress for it." - Edith Head
The attire you chose to don yourself with often project your alter-ego, your attitudes, and ambitions.
9. "Always dress like you're going to see your worst enemy." - Kimora
Up your ace by dressing well. It always works.
10. "I think in BLACK." - Gareth Pugh
The color ‘Black’ has an unspoken magnetism
11. "Fashion is like eating. You shouldn't stick with the same menu." -Kenzo Takada
There must be variety in your style. It adds to the spice.
12. "You gotta have style. It helps you get down the stairs. It helps you get up in the morning. It's a way of life. Without it, you're nobody." - Diana Vreeland
A style statement is what you want to project to the world. It is what you actually are.
13. "Fashion has to reflect who you are, what you feel at the moment, where you're going." - Pharrell Williams
When adopting fashion it is great to be with what is on.
14. "Fashion has always been the repetition of ideas, but what makes it new is the way you put it together." - Carolina Herrera
Fashion is actually simple. But then it all boils down to how much fun you have with simplicity.
15. "Conformity is the only real fashion crime. To not dress like yourself and to sublimate your spirit to some kind of group identity is succumbing to fashion fascism." - Simon Doonan
Whatever the fad of the season, one should be comfortable in the skin you wear!
16. "Elegance is not standing out but being remembered." - Giorgio Armani
Long after you have left, you should be remembered for your sense of style and the impression you create.
17. "A man should look as if he has bought his clothing with intelligence put them on with care and then forgotten all about them." –Hardy Amiesn
Styling is an intelligent man’s job. However casual fashion may be, it needs thinking.
18. "Always dress well but keep it simple." - Jared Thomas
There is always elegance in simplicity.
19. “If you can’t be better than your competitor, Just dress better.” – Anna Wintor
Dress well and stand out. Win that way…
Now go on, get some excellent style!